Close to My Heart

    

  I was introduced to a Quran course about two years ago. My father was convinced by some of his colleagues to join the classes at ICC (Islamic Community Centre, DHA-II. Rawalpindi), as an exercise to freshen up on the meaning of quranic verses and namaz.

    Upon completion he insisted that I took the same course as well. I am one of those who believe that Allah chooses you to do certain thing. I felt lucky to be given this opportunity by Allah to understand his word.  So I completed my Quran Course 1 (QC-1) and then started off with the second one. Mrs. Anjum Rashid at ICC was the perfect teacher one could have. Long story short this has helped me alot. So much so that now when I recite Quran, either I can tell the exact meaning of the word or I can atleast fathom the closest possible meaning or origin of the said word.

    Having said that, don't think of me as a pious or a very religious person here to turn you towards the path of righteousness, giving you advise or pointing out hallal from haram. I am a very amature muslim as I like to call myself. I make my share of mistakes but the important thing is that I keep trying. One reason for taking on the 2nd course in the series was to force myself to stay in touch. In that way atleast I'll have to do my homework or listen to a few surahs of a particular chapter etc.

    Somtimes the fact that relegion now a days is not considered an impotant part of our life, scares me. I get scared not only for myself but also for my two daughter, for whom I am resposible. I've been put incharge of their up bringing, telling them right from wrong. such a thought makes me question myown worth. If I, myself, am unaware of the basic teachings of Quran, how am I going to do my job as a mother.

    So as a take away to this, besure to remind youself to keep trying and stay connected with the word of Allah.

Comments

Popular Posts